Application of this privacy statement
This privacy statement applies only to the MyVictoria website and not to any websites to which MyVictoria provides a link.
Use and disclosure of personal information
MyVictoria may ask you to provide personal information for the purposes of responding to your comments, questions, suggestions or feedback. The purpose for collecting personal information is to provide responses and answer queries that you have in respect of MyVictoria and your personal information will only be used or disclosed for these purposes. It is possible to provide feedback without providing your personal information, although if you do this we are unable to respond to your contact message.
Personal information that is collected by MyVictoria will be used by and disclosed to Victorian Government employees or contractors whose duties require them to use it. Such employees and contractors are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
MyVictoria uses a secure system to transmit your personal information via our contact form(s). This means that any data you transmit using a MyVictoria form is encrypted and unable to be read by anyone outside our secure system.
Access to and correction of personal information
You may request access to any personal information that MyVictoria may have collected about you. Also, you may request correction of your personal information if you can establish that it is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
The MyVictoria Manager may be contacted about access to, and correction of, personal information collected by MyVictoria or for any questions or concerns you may have arising out of this privacy statement.
Should you wish to gain access to, or correction of, your personal information held by MyVictoria, please contact us:
Product Lead MyVictoria
Department of Premier and Cabinet
1 Treasury Place
East Melbourne Victoria 3002
Collection of personal information
It is intended that MyVictoria can be used anonymously. However, for some MyVictoria functions, the collection of personal information is necessary or unavoidable.
You will know if MyVictoria is collecting personal information from you because you will be requested to provide it. There are two exceptions to this:
- where someone else provides MyVictoria with your personal information. MyVictoria cannot prevent this. However, you are entitled to access and correct any personal information about you collected by MyVictoria; and
- where MyVictoria collects statistics using software techniques such as web server log file analysis, clickstream data, cookies and web beacons. For an explanation of these techniques, and how they are used by MyVictoria, see web measurement services used by MyVictoria below. Such statistics may qualify as personal information under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic). However, these statistics are not used to identify individual users of MyVictoria.
Internet use risk
You should be aware that there are risks in transmitting information across the internet. However, MyVictoria takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information from unauthorised access once that personal information comes into its possession.
This website contains hyperlinks to pages contained on government and non-government third party websites. Unless otherwise indicated, MyVictoria:
- does not endorse or authorise the content of any third party website;
- is not affiliated or associated with the owner or operator of any third party website; and Document title
- assumes no responsibility or liability for the condition or content of any third party website or for the operation or function of any service or facility offered on any third party website.
MyVictoria web measurement
MyVictoria uses Google Analytics as its web measurement services provider.
How to Opt Out or Disable Cookies
Google have also provided the "Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On" utility for the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer,
- Google Chrome,
- Mozilla Firefox,
- Apple Safari, and
If you want to prevent your browsing data from being collected by Google Analytics, please install the relevant add-on for your browser.
If you opt out of using cookies, you will still have access to all MyVictoria information and resources.
While the anonymous statistical data MyVictoria collects may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by the State of Victoria, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data.
Social media websites and applications
In addition to MyVictoria, the Victorian Government uses social media websites to share information and to engage with the public. We do this to enhance your ability to access information and communicate with the Victorian Government.
Some social media websites and applications may make personally identifiable information available to the public. MyVictoria will not collect, maintain, use, or share any personally identifiable information that becomes available through the use of social media websites or applications.
Also we advise that personally identifiable information or other information you share via social media or applications may be accessible by non-government third parties.