MyVictoria provides map-based visualisation of Victoria’s open data and connects users with relevant Victorian Government information and services. This website is operated on behalf of the government of the State of Victoria, Australia by the Department of Premier and Cabinet. For further information about MyVictoria see About Us.
Disclaimer as to accuracy of information
The content of this website is provided for information purposes only. The datasets provided through this site have been created by many different government agencies and we do not represent or warrant that any dataset or the data it contains is accurate, authentic, complete, or suitable for your needs. Changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact the accuracy of datasets and their contents.
Whilst every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information on this website, you are responsible for exercising due diligence before relying on that information. We do not accept any liability to any person for the information or advice (or the use of such information or advice) which is provided on this website or incorporated into it by reference. No responsibility is taken for any information or services that may appear on any linked websites.
We recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to your use of this site and carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of information – including datasets and data – on this site for your purposes.
This site is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your individual circumstances, and always where you intend to republish, communicate or commercially use datasets or data, if this is permitted by the terms of the licence which applies to that dataset.
The information contained in this website is not to be displayed except in full screen format. No liability is accepted for any information or services which may appear in any other format. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude liability for any loss (including loss from viruses) caused by use or reliance on this website.
Links to and from this website
You may create a link to this website provided that the link:
- does not, in any way (including, but not limited to, framing), misrepresent us or this website or any information it contains; and
- is not misleading in any way.
This website contains hyperlinks to pages contained on external government and non-government websites (third party websites). We may have no control over the content of any linked websites, or the changes that may occur to content on those sites. It is your responsibility to make your own decisions about the accuracy, currency, readability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites. Unless otherwise indicated, we:
- do not endorse or authorise the content of any third party website;
- are not affiliated or associated with the owner or operator of any third party website; and Document title
- assume no responsibility or liability for the condition or content of any third party website or for the operation or function of any service or facility offered on any third party website.
Data and systems integrity
You acknowledge that we will not be responsible for any corruption or failed transmission of any information attributable to your computer system or to the system or any act or omission of your Internet Service Provider.
You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website.
You acknowledge that access to this website:
- may not be continuous or uninterrupted at all times;
- may be interfered with by factors or circumstances outside of our control; and
- is not monitored or supported outside of business hours (Australian Eastern Standard or Daylight Time) and may not support commercial application.
This data service may be of assistance to you but the State of Victoria and its employees do not guarantee that the data service is without flaw of any kind or is wholly appropriate for your particular purpose and therefore disclaims all liability for any error, loss or other consequence which may arise from you relying on any information in this data service.
Code of Conduct
The data on this website is provided to the public to support research and education, promote innovation, support improvements in productivity and stimulate growth in the Victorian economy.
Let us know when something is wrong – contact us to point out any inconsistencies in the data you find, make suggestions about how to improve the service, and request new data sources to be added.
We would also like to hear about what you have built using data or datasets from this site. Contact us and let us know.
Copyright and Attribution
You should comply with the Copyright and Attribution requirements of each dataset. Details listed on the Data Sources page for each dataset under ‘Licence information’ will indicate whether the agency which provided the dataset requires you to include attribution and, if so, the form of attribution to be used.
Use of site
You must not use text or information provided via this website, including datasets or data they contain, in any of the following ways:
- use the data in any application that pretends to be an official government service, or in any other way that suggests that the Department endorses you or your use;
- present the data in a misleading or incorrect manner, or misrepresent the data through changing it or otherwise;
- use this site for party political purposes;
- use the data or this site in or to support a criminal or illicit activity;
- use the data in any application, or in any other ways to inflame or make comments that are racist, sexist or homophobic, or which promote or incite violence and illegal activity.
We apply a range of security controls to protect this site from unauthorised access. However, you should be aware that the internet is an insecure public network that gives rise to a potential risk that your transactions are being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects.
We accept no liability for any interference with or damage to your computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this site or its use. You should take appropriate and adequate precautions (including up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software) to ensure that whatever is selected or downloaded from this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage your computer system, software or data.
Where connection to a system or website outside our control compromises the objectives of this site, we may sever links to that website or system.
- read down to the extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable; or
The inclusion of any email addresses on this website is not consent to receiving unsolicited commercial electronic messages or SPAM.